Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Walking in Putrajaya

I took one of my days in KL to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and submit my application for a Certificate of Good Conduct. Waste of my time, really. After doing so, I made a mad spur-of-the-moment decision to take a walk.

A walk? In Putrajaya, at noon in bright sunlight? No map, no taxis? I kid you not. I did it.


This is the building next to the MOFA... I dunno what it is exactly.
For what I think is the very first time, I walk without an idea of how to get where I'm going. I was like, where's that mosque?

I was amused when I saw this sign... The arrow on the sign, which is not shown here, points toward my left.

After walking past this, I called my mum and asked her, "Guess where I am?"

Again, where am i going?
I swear I was the only person, aside from the gardeners and roadsweepers, who was on foot. All around there were cars, especially those with Putrajaya number plates.
I don't know what on earth all those buildings are!
This fountain was, I think, on the backside of the PM's office.
At long last, after almost an hour of walking, I finally found the mosque.
When I stepped closer to the PM's office building, I was surprised to find the area packed with cars, and people. Then I realised yet again that it was but a few days before Merdeka celebrations.

I had wanted to step onto the space they call Dataran Putra, which sits right in front of Perdana Putra (PM's office) and Masjid Putra, but a National Day rehearsal was taking place, and as you can see, my way was blocked by row upon row of cars, buses, taxis... Beats me why they were there...
And believe you me, it can be very hard to catch the correct bus in Putrajaya. I tried, and ended up taking a cab driven by, apparently, a cousin of Tan Sri Dr Ismail Merican.

No comments: