Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pictures from overseas

These pictures are taken in Dubai airport. The cars are a Porsche 911 Carrera GT whereas I cannot remember the exact model name of the Merc. The bike is a Harley Davidson. And by the way, they're the prizes of a lucky draw.




What the transit wing of the airport looks like:




Views from inside the B777-300 cabin:




After Glasgow I sat through a whole lot of countryside on the motorway down through England, but I couldn't get pictures of cows and sheep because by the time my camera reacted, the sheep had passed us. And being on the motorway, I couldn't well ask my cousin to slow down.




As luck would have it, I saw Sheffield before seeing Nottingham.




However, I soon reached the university that I was eternally thankful to for accepting me.


This is the Queen's Medical Centre, largest hospital in England, maybe even Europe. It has 28 miles of corridors and 1100 toilets. The inside joke is that the 1100 toilets are there for those who have problems finding their way through the 28 miles of corridor. No surprise. This photo shows only about 2 blocks out of 4 that make up the medical centre, and then, not even those two blocks in their entirety.


This pic isn't mine, i picked it off the net to emphasise the size of QMC.

Most of those who did not take the university coach from Heathrow to Notts (like me) were put into Cripps Hall first as their temporary accomodation, resulting in me being separated from most of the other Malaysian first year medics. This is what Cripps Hall looks like.




Fields of Gold.... full of duck and goose crap too...



Fact File #1: The university campus measures 330 acres.
Fact File #2: The place is full of birds. Colour Key: White-swan, black head-goose, green head-male duck, brown-female duck.



Fact File #3: They know how to cross the road! Well, the geese at least.
Now I'm not sure how well you can see it, but I suggest opening it with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and click on the button for actual size. In fact, I think just clicking on the picture will show you a huge actual one. There's actually one goose leading half the flock across the road, and cars stop for them! They stop for me, of course, but... them?
Squirrel I spotted outside Hugh Stewart, next to Cripps. It's cute, and some of us want to keep them as pets.
Today I went to Nottingham City Centre for a short while. In England you hardly have to worry about time if you're on the streets. The church bell towers remind you of the hour. I love hearing the bells toll. It almost seems to remind me that I'm in England for real. The coffee and hot chocolate are from Costa Coffee and cost about 2 pounds for a medium, which is the glass's size.




Right, that's as far as I will go. I'm tired, and I skipped visiting a famous student club venue tonight in favour of a movie and beauty sleep, so good night!

No comments: