Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Work 2

I'm tired... My legs are aching from standing. But I admit that I can derive satisfaction from my job, especially now that my executive says that I need not do the paperwork that is usually required from a promoter. I'm glad. Cos I prefer serving customers and helping them find what they want., as well as straightening and arranging the stock display in ways and styles that will attract the attention of customers. It's what I'm better at.

However, I still do not take kindly to some "perks" that come from being "anak bos" in the company. Just because I happen to be someone's daughter does not mean that I need not be briefed on my responsibilities, or that I need special "care and attention". I was walking by 2 other promoters when one of them said in my full hearing, "Itu anak dia." then started staring. That started my displeasure.

With regards to my previous post, I am blaming my so-called cousin... Actually, by genealogy and the Chinese habit of designating relatives, he has to call me aunt, because I am second cousin to his mother... Ugh.... I swear I will run a mile if he ever dares to even try it, in the company or otherwise. He is my superior at work, after all. I'm careful, though, since he does call my dad Great-Uncle. He has not addressed me even by name or otherwise so far; it's just look, acknowledge, and speak. I hope it stays that way.

And yes, I am irritated by him and his fellow executives. I know that they have been talking about me. I know they have told the staff of my parentage... because I have been talking to the other staff. And I know I caught their eye when I was heading for the staff entrance after lunch break today. First one, then the other turned around to look at me. My relative, who derives 12.5% of his blood from the same source as I draw 25% of my blood from. And his colleague, who looks dumb but is apparently supposed to be a fairly good worker. *grumble to self* - Hey, I'm just going back to work, like every good member of staff is supposed to, what are you looking at? -

I'm no stranger to people's glances and eyes, but this I find irritating. Is it just because I want to be treated equally? Or is it just that I want them to leave me alone, since I know that he (relative) has been paying me special attenion? The latter sounds more likely.

No comments: