Thursday, May 03, 2007

Resignation...

I only wish it was a job resignation. No, it's the hopeless resignation that comes from, what else? Losing hope. From dead ends and lack of ideas.

I have officially resigned myself to the fact that I will not take up my University of Nottingham medicine place come September 2007. What I am gunning for now is a place in medicine for that ever-popular destination for SouthEast Asians, Australia. My chances aren't brilliant, but it's a second best that makes me both thankful and regretful all at once. Regretful for my A level results, and thankful that my scholarship has not been withdrawn... yet.

For now, I have decided to stop deliberating and finish up the personal statement for my Nottingham Malaysia Pharmacy application. If I get a place, I'll head to Semenyih in September while waiting for all other things to settle. If I end up not getting a place in Australia despite my extremely credible financial backing, I'll stay there till I get another place in Medicine in IMU or something.

I feel like that is the only thing to do given my predicament. I hope I'm making the right decision. After driving uphill today, I dunno if my thinking has gone downhill.

No comments: