Sunday, June 03, 2007

Work 3

I'm practically dead.... No, I was until an hour ago after church. Standing for more than eight hours....... Whoo! I've never felt more footsore in my life. And since I'm on morning shift, I came out of the complex at 6 pm then got to church at 7.... and almost fell asleep during the prayers cos I closed my eyes. Oops....

My dad is Powerful.... Haha..... what makes me say that? Cos the staff realise his presence even before I do... and he's MY dad. When he arrives, they tell me that he's there, not I see for myself. I'm not kidding! Also, he can spot someone who is hiding from him in one glance across the level. Wow. The minute he showed up, everyone scrambled back to their duties.... HAHAHA!!! Except me... I don't need to scramble. I'm always working.... Seriously!

I've also made a few "friends" at work.... fellow promoters, one of whom knows Nai Hui from Marudi days. Also came across a very strange albeit nice character in Daniel, a young HR officer in the company. Referring to my first post on work, he was the one who interviewed me, who said hi and helped me out on my first day at work. Today I was sitting outside the staff entrance waiting for my dad to pick me up after work. I did see him come out and someone greet him but I thought he wouldn't bother with junior staff like me. So I bent my head to think about something, only to hear someone calling, "Jennifer Lee." Wait a second. No one calls me that. True enough. So we had a short friendly chat about my work until he noticed my dad's car (my back was to the road). To his credit, he is really one of the nicest people I have ever met, objectively speaking. The obvious link between my father and I aside. He's very refined, educated-looking and well-mannered for someone working in this company. More so than everyone else, including managers, except my dad. And me, of course. (lol)

And before someone suggests that I might be interested in him.... He has a girlfriend. Now that is one incredibly lucky girl. I didn't mention that he's also fairly good looking.

I'll post again soon.... Down to my last 3 days of work. Wish me luck.

EDITED: Daniel looks a little like Lam Fung, the Hong Kong actor who's acted in quite a few of the Cantonese serials on TV2/3, especially noticeable likeness when Lam acts as Ken, a doctor in "The Last Breakthrough/ Tian1 Ya2 Xia2 Yi1).

No comments: