Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Travel Diary... Singapore Day 1

Ok... I didn't exactly plan my Singapore trip itinerary, but I ended up visiting quite a number of people on my first day on the island.
First was a long MRT trip to Clementi...


And for what joyful purpose? To tour the institution that rejected my application... *grimace* This is the Fac of Arts and S.Sciences, I think... I can't remember. Of course, seeing a senior is far more important.


After that, at about 2.30 pm, I turned my attention to the road on which I spent virtually 90% of the years 2005 and 2006... Bukit Timah Road.

Everyone knows this place...


Then finally, my most important destination. After collecting my certs, I started taking photos.

Walked this road every school day of 2 years.... sure brings back memories...


I saw myself running down this corridor once, in a bad dream... As if coming here for Physics tutorials and CT sessions weren't enough...


Labs... Used to sit outside them so often... From ground floor up: Chemistry, Physics, Biology. Dissected rats.... Made some chemical levitate because I forgot to tilt my test tube during heating (which unfortunately did not go unnoticed by my tutor :S)... Burned a resistor (it gave off smoke :( )... Cooking over Bunsen burners...


Non-aircon classroom. Some teachers refuse to step into these rooms... for fear of heat and dehydration... *smirk*



Library... And you wish you could turn down the air-con in there sometimes. Housed in Cheng Yi Block and linked to Block A by the metal walkway. Forgive the lousy shots.






Out of the library and into that Biology lecture... Trek down the metal steps that are unique to Block E....

The prospect of one and a half hours of lecture is not the most comforting.


Too bad! We're here.



I usually drink from this one, on level E-3. Problem is, it's ice-cold so it's ironic when you come out for a break during lecture with your fingers frozen, but you go back in after 3 mins with the inside of your mouth frozen instead. The one on E-2 is certainly not freezing but not cold enough most of the time.


I should mention that at this point, I decided that I should try and see if any of my ex-tutors were still around. Sadly, I only met one tutor. After a chat, I left and continued my trek around the college.

After that, it's lunchtime... My goal is to beat the queues...


Perils of P.E. and NAPFA


Block A (and the Central and Inner Plazas)



Other shots:


No comments: