Monday, July 09, 2007

Sports

Badminton:
I love this game. I mean it. I want to play it when I go overseas. Even though my stamina isn't extremely good, I love playing badminton, especially on the court. I never had training for it, or ever represented the class. My style of play revolves around only one sentence: Focus on the shuttle. Since stamina isn't my forte and requires hard physical training, I focus more on finesse, flexibility and my self-trained reaction time.

Jogging:
The lesser of all evils in NAPFA. I enjoyed it more then all the other parts of the annoying physical assessment which all students in Singapore have to endure. Notably, I blacked out once after a run. Although I don't run often, even in Hwa Chong, the few times I remember being timed in PE, I improved each time. First 16+mins, then 15+, then finally in J2, 14+mins. For me, the 2.4 km run tests nothing but endurance. How I complete it is determined almost purely by how hard I push myself. The improved timing at the end is the only prize.

Table tennis:
The newest trend to hit my family. My little sister seems to have sheer talent in it, so all of us are at some point badgered to be her punching bags. I am a single-minded person... and badminton already being my fave sport, I find it hard to catch on to the speedy movement of that tiny ball. However, I'm improving bit by bit, and it seems to have rubbed off on my badminton a little too. I gotta admit, it's a nice game, at least until my siblings start thrashing me. Tit for tat... I thrash them in badminton too.

Wondering why such a boring post? Cause I'm bored... Lol.

No comments: